• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota v1305 engine won’t atart

GUNNER88

Occupation
FIELD REPAIR AND DIAGNOSTICS
I have a vermeer cx224 mini excavator with the kubota v1305 engine, it spins but won’t start, replaced fuel filters, shutoff solenoid and primer pump. Still won’t start, when I crack injectors I can’t tell if that’s enough fuel, but the amount doesn’t change wether the shutoff solenoid is hooked up or not. Is there anything left besides the injection pump that I should know about? And if there isn’t, how do I time this pump to pull off. Looks like a little pump from what I’ve gathered.

Attachments

• 7B8CCFEB-9932-4D3B-8213-DCF1F1CE84B9.jpeg
    7B8CCFEB-9932-4D3B-8213-DCF1F1CE84B9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 7CF46B2D-7EB7-4947-A93C-B19E757BA439.jpeg
    7CF46B2D-7EB7-4947-A93C-B19E757BA439.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

Vetech63

That injector pump times by shims height under the mounting deck. Does your machine have the fuel primer bulb in the fuel line? There also should be a thumb screw on, or near the pump that you need to open to bleed the system. Once your at that point, loosen the lines at the injectors and turn your engine over until you get good fuel.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I have never needed to loosen injectors on this style pump. Just get good solid fuel up to the pump inlet, crank it up and it should start. If it is a glow plug failure or such then there will be thick white smoke out the exhaust while cranking. If this is the inline pump in the block then no timing or clocking of the engine required. The back sides run on a camshaft. Pull the necessary parts and unbolt it from the block and it will pop up due to spring pressure. Remove cotter pin and maybe a washer from the rack linkage now exposed. Then remove the rest of the way. The shim gasket is normally reused. It was selective fit at the factory.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
If ur pulling the pump.??
TAKE THE SOLENOID OUT FIRST.. otherwise you’ll bend the rod and have to buy another one..

go watch some removal videos on utube..
I’d b happy to go thru that pump for u..