• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KW T800 ABS Code

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
SPN: 789 - FMI: 9 Drive axle left wheel speed sensor, output low at drive-off

I checked all drivers side sensors and they’re at roughly 1500-1600 ohms. What else should I check? I’m not familiar with abs systems.

Truck Shop

How old of truck? Is the cable in good condition the entire length? Is it a two
piece cable with connection in middle? Is cable held emplace to brake hoses
with wire ties instead of factory cable clips? Is the sensor pushed back from
tone ring?

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
If your bearings not loose, no greenies at connections give the sensors a little tap in toward the tone ring to eliminate the air gap issue. Also curious about year and hub/tone ring configuration.

Truck Shop

The fact he's in Wisconsin with the salt, more than likely the sensors are frozen in the
mounting sockets.

heymccall

Had to swap rotors out on our '07 C7500 a while back because the tone rings were rusted to the point of barely having teeth. But, they lost resolution at higher speeds. You is losing resolution at low speeds.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
The fact he's in Wisconsin with the salt, more than likely the sensors are frozen in the
mounting sockets.
Am also a resident of the Great Lakes salt belt and have been a sensor tapper from way back. 90% of the time if you can get to them they will move. Sometimes on drive axles ya gotta use special bent long punch that was custom run over with a set of doubles to get the job done.

Truck Shop

Am also a resident of the Great Lakes salt belt and have been a sensor tapper from way back. 90% of the time if you can get to them they will move. Sometimes on drive axles ya gotta use special bent long punch that was custom run over with a set of doubles to get the job done.
Quite familiar with moving sensors, It was pretty common on ours to find them froze especially
the ones running ND.

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
It's a 2020, so nothing is very crusty on it. I found a bare wire going to one of the modules, which I was able to repair, but it did not fix anything. I looked on the trucks dash and it said "SA Left Wheel Speed Sensor". Does that mean steer axle left side? The SPN: 789 - FMI: 9 is still the only code on the computer.