• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KW updates

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Medicare and supplemental insurance won’t cover?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Nope
The lens to make it viable is all mine, the insurer is covering the procedure, medicare is not paying as insurer is but covers the office visits.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Added on top of the cubital tunnel is I still go in for MRI the 24th, itch sensations cannot scratch as not real on thumb edge of forearms, outer shoulders, down center of back. Already told by EMG tech not related to elbows, probably the disc could not do under previous insurer may be ripened, and my SI joint has been active where the pinning may need to happen soon, only partial coverage for either of those too.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
“So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.” ;)

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Don't take so serious!! I was hit by car at 3, survived, almost lost three fingers to a wood jointer at 15 bled like open hole in a blood bag, broken back 19 falling off roof of Freightliner, 3/4" chisel into left eye at 30 thru safety glasses, any of which COULD Have killed me. Been lost on the table two instances and brought back. Won't know are dead when gone, just drift away. We all live on borrowed time, when time comes is no preventing it.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Don't take so serious!! I was hit by car at 3, survived, almost lost three fingers to a wood jointer at 15 bled like open hole in a blood bag, broken back 19 falling off roof of Freightliner, 3/4" chisel into left eye at 30 thru safety glasses, any of which COULD Have killed me. Been lost on the table two instances and brought back. Won't know are dead when gone, just drift away. We all live on borrowed time, when time comes is no preventing it.
As many times I have heard you falling off a ladder or something, you best stay on flat ground :p Gee never heard someone fall so many times, vertically challenged eh? :D
My action cam is coming in today, I'm going to show you how it's done Spud_Monkey style!

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Gee Phineas Gage only did that once. He got a tamping iron for packing black powder in drilled holes. It exploded with the iron still in the hole. Iron went in his chin & out the top of his skull. He lived another ten or more years but was never the same.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Ladders not so much a concern, severe fall in '77 was off a flat roofed 8664 Frt Shaker working a Roof mount AC, Oil EVERY where from replacing expansion valve and o=rings as well the Condenser had to come off to work on electrical beneath the system. Fall recently was from the Bottom step on the Beast tool box, again no ladder just feet left from under and only some 16-18" above floor. As a little kid after the auto hit, stayed a lot with Grandmother in her upstairs apartment in her home that Mom and Dad lived in. Narrow tread steep wooden stairs and my Toddler butt never did see eye to eye, more like came to agreement I could get halfway down before tripped and rolled to bottom. Had a Cold Air return grate in floor at stair base, was cup shaped from my bounces off of it.