• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KW updates

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Same scenario with my MV and I think everyone would be face planting the glass at Applebee's. :rolleyes: Wow the attention that vehicle garnishes is crazy.
Would walk out after done eating and find people taking selfies by it.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
If you're talking actual ghettoed out lincolns, not even close. Maybe in NYC, but that's the other end of the state about 400 miles away (still not far enough) Java Ctr, is in wyoming county and we got more cows than we do people. think we're the largest dairy producer in northeast. There are a few sheep around, but mostly for the 4-H kids.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Had a Sheep farmer at the Nuke, co-worker asked one time if his animals spoke to him much, he said all they can do is Bleat, Co-worker said sure sounds like DAAAAAADY!! Another piped up, said sounded as called him by Name: EAAAAARL!! Another noted Earl wore Sheeper's boots, Muck boots that went above the knee, so could hook their legs in for best performance. Fight was on!!!

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Had a Sheep farmer at the Nuke, co-worker asked one time if his animals spoke to him much, he said all they can do is Bleat, Co-worker said sure sounds like DAAAAAADY!! Another piped up, said sounded as called him by Name: EAAAAARL!! Another noted Earl wore Sheeper's boots, Muck boots that went above the knee, so could hook their legs in for best performance. Fight was on!!!
Can't put sheep and bison together or even within a mile or so of each other or further. Malignant catarrhal fever from sheep which is a herpes type will kill a bison within few days.
Blew my plan of going from owning sheep to bison..

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Hence, my question about the Studebakers and hip boots, optimum performance!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Yesterday got the errant spot mirror tightened up on the ball mount, went to Fuel station and filled the 'Big Blu' as my wife refers to it, up. Have some seepage at Fuel gauge head, will await when Allis goes back down to barn, then bring in shop and replace gasket. Ga. was new when finished working on tanks Off Truck, will recheck screws as may be corroded where failed to drive in full depth, artificially getting tight, but thought had cleaned sufficiently.
$455 to fill 120 gal. Glad I got it at $3.79 even as just missed $3.59, as of this morning back to $3.99 and news no help as Saud's sending price up again.
No other issues of note currently.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Should have caught this installing new GA, previous tank fitting weld repairs, had to trim two ears on sender. As much my miss as previous fix fkup. Just enough interference to weep.
AAD665A0-4806-45CB-80BC-5F21133D7309.jpeg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Compressor swap No problem, same for rec/drier, vacuum on it for over a hour doing some other odds and ends then isolated and left for a quick snack. Back 45min later and still on pegs at Max Vacuum. Then all hell broke loose. Compressor clutch would not engage, then would sputter in and out a bit, intermittent connection at Low Pressure Cutout switch, ordered both Fan and AC switch pigtails, then the 134A can tapper I had, had enough, threads just disintegrated on second can, off to CarQuest. All full up charged with wedge under wiring at switches. AC in Bunk Quite Cold!!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Getting closer to road time with a RSH so started looking around awhile back.

Lots of expensive toys languishing as do not get much use time now. Decided time to pare the herd down some.
Sad to see leave but the lathe went N to around Marston MO some few weeks ago, last night the mill left with a new owner to St James MO. Wife was concerned but I reflected arthritis and eyes were becoming a real limiter, just time to go while I can negotiate them gone and load them out.

Sad but a necessity.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Well in the midst of last nights exercises phone took a call and they left a message, last Boss, wanted me to call back soon as got a chance. So had a Vet day for the mutt, Summer Shave down and meds we cannot force far enough down his throat to get him to swallow them. Stopped by previous employer, asked if was ready to go BACK to work!!, Has NOBODY applying, hired three fired two referrals, and last ditch Called ME. "Needs another driver that KNOWS what to do, how to do it right and get it done reasonable time" He is NOT a babysitter and really liked how I worked, will make it good for me.

So, I go back to work May 1.