• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

L10 Optimized Cooling Cover

katt68

so, we recently got a 1988 auto car with a Cummins L10. We have a water leak on the cover/block that mounts on back of the water pump...Oring has been replaced, have tried silicone, have replaced the water pump itself....still leaks...
the cover for my set up is an obselet part so cummins says...(they are pretty useless)

ideas what i can do ?

katt68

Have you had it checked for cracks. That's a long slab of pot metal. I have replaced 4 in my career and all were cracked towards #5 & 6

thats what i figure.....what are you referring to with #5 and #6?
can they be welded for cast?
cant get the part anymore......
how would i plumb a regular one?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Are we talking about the same part. I'm thinking the coolant header. It's a large cast pot metal piece that spans the length of the engine block. Between 5&6 is describing between cylinders 5 and 6 . This piece is directly below the exhaust manifold.

Tenwheeler

I thank you guys are talking apples and oranges.
Post a picture of it. I may have one. Also get the part number of it and google it.