• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

laser receiver mounting on dozers

KMB83

Occupation
farmer
Had a quick question about mounting a laser receiver on a dozer...

Currently i just welded a 1 1/2" drive coupling to the outside corner pocket on my D6R's blade and screwed in the pipe that held the reciever. This met my hopes of being simple and removable for when i didnt want the rod mounted to the blade. Also the drive coupling was out of the action and not likely to get bent/damaged.

The issue came that with enough vibration the weakest part of the pipe was the threads and eventually they gave out.

Has anybody seen a simple, easy, stout, removable way of mounting a recieving rod to dozer that they've been happy with?

someone around here is smarter than me trying to reinvent the wheel...

thanks in advance.

zbo2

never did anything like that......but a simple set up is like the handle on a floor jack. weld a block with the correct diameter hole for the rod so you have a snug fit drill the bottom side of the block and weld a nut over the hole and put a bolt or large set screw to tighten against the rod when the rod is installed. you could drill a depression into the rod to help with any alignment and help the set screw lock into the rod. i would make the block at least 3 inches high to give as much support to the rod as possible. what ya think.....

KMB83

Occupation
farmer
sounds pretty do-able zbo2.

I put my head together with my welder buddy and we came up with a block mounted on 4bolts with old valve springs from a junk motor to act as absorbers and welded the pipe mount to the top block....

i'll grab a picture or 2.

just wanted something simple/functional....