• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lazer Welding

terex herder

I used a much smaller unit at a tool show once. Welded thin shim stock. Really cool but I had/have no justification to own one. Unlike electric or oxy-fuel, the laser has a very long danger distance. Everyone in building would need to wear laser safety glasses in case of either malfeasance or reflection.

chidog

Yes way too many laser devices available. They should not be so prolific, especially pointers, cat toys etc. Quick way to be blinded, its safer to look at the sun.

Truck Shop

It's good for the universe---People with low skill levels or none at all are instant welders/fabricators.
It's a wage cutting tool---tools like that allow business to hire no skill work force. Same with gps
it gets rid of wages, less man power. Funny how people are always bitching about no jobs. The better
way to demonstrate that would have been a Robot wearing tennis shoes instead of a human that
way it uses the total AI factor.
The item men are really wanting is a BBQ Smoker that any time you open the lid there is steaks,
ribs, brisket all cooked ready to eat with a five gallon bucket of dipping sauce that's never empty.
Instant Automatic Never Ending BBQ, and never breaking a sweat to get it.

chidog

Yeah low skill level ! Makes me think of CNC machines, everyone can be a machinist with them.
At least so they think.