• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lebherr LTM 1750-9.1

renovator

I'm working on a site that has one of these 900 ton bad boys. It has a luffing jib that's well over 300' and has over 100 tons of counterweight. The rigging crew was using the crane to "scope" a lift before they actually hooked up the load. They had it reach over the building and used the computer for the specs. The radius was 347' and capacity 10,500 lbs! I was blown away. I watched some picks the day before and that thing is smooth. The operator can't see anything and has to rely completely on the riggers (who are quite impressive) and two-way radio for everything. Quite an operation. I remember when a 150 tonner was a big deal around here.

renovator

Pics., we need pics.!
Photos are frowned upon by the owner. It doesn't make sense as everyone in the region knows what is being built, and people have come from all over the country (and beyond) to work there, but rules are rules. Maybe in a couple of months when our part of the project is complete???

CraneMechanic73

The no photographing job sites! I have yet to figure it out. What’s the first thing they do after it’s built? Put cameras up everywhere!

crane operator

They don't want to provide ammunition (pictures) to any lawsuit from any accidents or other problems (stuctural/ waste/etc.) Control the info, control the lawsuit. No pictures, no story.

Theweldor

Occupation
The Village Idiot
The upper engine package and counterweight tray are also considered as counterweight on those machines. They must be using the T-Y package also. I would think.
Pretty impressive piece of iron all rigged up.

skyking1

I had one of those pictures "frowned on" for a luxury yacht that was coming out of a refit and getting rolled onto a barge, to get launched at a bigger facility in Anacortes.
We were dredging the river and parked our workboats at their dock.