• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Link Belt 160lx hydraulic issues

MikeRandazzo

2004 link belt 160lx excavator
S/N K2J16053
4,300hrs

Two days ago, machine ran great, good power, all functions worked as they should. By the end of the day I noticed the stick (dipper) function slowed down considerably. I shut the machine down for the evening and returned to job the next morning.

Upon start up to warm the machine up, without the hydraulic control lever engaged the stick automatically went out all the way and I could not get it to come back in with the controls. I also noticed bucket function was very slow.

I shut the machine down with the boom raised and the stick drifted in to the 90 degree position (straight up and down).

Had dealer come out and they were pretty much dumb founded. The road tech snapped an allen wrench off trying to get the pilot pump off. After this he left assuming the pilot pump was bad. Next morning I successfully removed the pilot pump to look at the gears inside and everything looked great.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Where should I be looking? I took the valves out of the main valve block for the stick function and everything looked good, no springs or seats broken.

All filters and fluid look fine to me.