• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Link Belt LX 160 Final Drive Help

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
photo (4).JPGphoto (3).JPGphoto (2).JPGphoto (1).JPGphoto.JPG

I have disassembled this final drive to replace the bearings and the seals. I built this 9" spanner socket to torque the main bearings down but i now i need the procedure for doing so. Can anyone P.M. me this portion of the shop manual? or give enough explanation so i don't have a failure?

thanks, TIO

theironoracle

Occupation
Bump! Someone fixed my pics thanks! I am desperate needing reassembly instructions. For any machine with a retainer nut in a final drive like this thanks......TIO

theironoracle

Occupation
finaldrive,

Inbox is now empty. The dealer finally came through for me. They had to get the info from the factory they have never had one apart like this. Funny thing when i look at the this post with my phone the pictures are correct, when I look at them on a lap-top they are all janky! I was told multiple times today that i must take this thing off the machine and assemble it vertically that i will never get it together without ruining the seals if I do it horizontally, any ideas?......TIO

lantraxco

Don't know what would be different about this machine, I have done finals in the field with success. Anything odd about the floating seal setup on this one?