• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loader Frame Raising Tractor Up

LonestarCobra

My New Holland Skid Steer LS 170 2003 model played a trick on me. I left it with the post hole digger on the front and the next morning the front wheels were two feet off the ground. I ran it and later put the bucket on and parked it for the night again, and same thing the next morning. Today I was doing other things without the skid steer, so I tilted the bucket down and watched it raise itself up with the engine dead. And yes I know they are supposed to be parked bucket flat, but when it did it with the auger on I got curious as to when and why it did it. I have a good idea what is going on, just wondered if anyone else has seen this happen.

Is your boom spool valve leaking? I have a bobcat 843 that does the same thing infact I am just about to remove the spool valves and rebuild because of this exact thing. Over a short period of time the boom will drop on its own due to weight > pressure on hydraulics causing leakdown on that spool circuit.

Bumpsteer

Occupation
Mechanical designer
Thats what normally happens when you do what you did. The contact point out in front of the machine provides leverage and the rear tires act as a pivot point. The machine won't move backwards so it rotates.

I see the crew installing cable barrier on the freeway leaving their machines like that, boom up, auger point on the ground. Makes NO sense to me.

Ed

LonestarCobra

Thats what normally happens when you do what you did. The contact point out in front of the machine provides leverage and the rear tires act as a pivot point. The machine won't move backwards so it rotates.

Ed

Thats kinda what I figured. I think the piston packing and valve probably have just enough wear to let enough oil go by and do that. That was the first time I parked the machine like that for what reason I dont know, I just did it.