• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loader rims

Queenslander

I’ve recently put a stickrake on our 950H and have a fair bit of work planned for it, so anticipate a few flat tyres and would like to have a spare on hand.
An outfit at the other end of the country are parting a 950G11 with 23.5 x 25 tyres, the same as ours.
Don’t spose anyone knows if the rims would be compatible?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
As far as I can see the Part Number for a wheel rim to take 23.5 x 25 tyres is the same for both the 950G & 950H.
However if someone has squeezed a 23.5 on to a rim that was designed for 19.5 x 25 tyes all bets are well and truly off.........

Queenslander

Spoke to them today and they are quoting them as 206-9278, which is 19.5, I believe.
They are going to check measurement tomorrow.
Other options include, new from Cat at $4k after a slow boat ride from Singapore, or new aftermarket at a little over half that.

Nige

You have to be careful here to differentiate between complete rims groups (valve, o-ring seal, and all the other gubbins) versus just the iron parts of the rims. The 19.5 Rim base P/N is 330-4095 Rim Gp, the 23.5 equivalent is 194-9372 Rim Gp.

206-9278 is the 19.5 complete assembly and is the equivalent of the 131-2777 which is for 23.5 tyres. However the two assemblies are distinctly different. The 23.5 rim has 2 identical flanges plus a separate bead seat band, the 19.5 rim has the bead seat band integral with the outside flange.

If you want to go aftermarket on rims see if you can find an outfit somewhere that sells Topy rims. Topy make rims for Cat and if you can find somewhere to buy them direct they are usually half the price of OEM. it appears as though Bridgestone distribute Topy in Oz. http://www.bridgestone-earthmover.com.au/mining-solutions/wheels-rims.aspx

Reactions: DB2

Queenslander

Thanks for the link Nige, I’ll check them out tomorrow.
Funny....I’ve been searching for earthmoving wheels over the last couple of days without any mention of Topy... type the name in and a whole nuther world appears.

pedrocar

Occupation
grader operator
Acme Wheel and Rim in Welshpool WA have got most rims or Mullins wheels in Salsbury SA

Nige

To the OP. If you look on the outside of the rims on your machine next to the lock ring groove (somewhere around the 360-deg where the red line is pointing) you may well find the Topy name or their diamond-shaped logo stamped right alongside the Cat Part Number.

rim.png

Queenslander

I ended up ordering a new Topy rim from Bridgestone, here in Qld.
It was just under half the price of the genuine Cat article and probably only $400 more than the s/h one, after freighting it up here.
I have bought Mullins rims, for a grader, in the past and they are very good quality, but substantially dearer in this case.
Thanks again for the link Nige.