• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

loader video

alco

We had an "operator"...and I use that word lightly....do the same basic thing with a 992C trying to break out a big slab that was still buried. He had the back end bouncing about 4 feet off the ground. Needless to say, he tore a 4 by 10 foot section out of the bottom of the bucket nad it took 5 of us almost two days of 24 hour welding to scab it back together. Since everything was bent, it never fit right and was a pain to work with after that. But the company wouldn't pay to have the bucket rebuilt or buy a new one. Unfortunately, it was a union job, so he never got fired.

Brian

Wulf

But the company wouldn't pay to have the bucket rebuilt or buy a new one

Alco... it's good to see that you didn't blame the attachment manufacturer for 'not building it strong enough' :)

jimmyjack

man, i thought he did pretty good moving the rock:beatsme , he wasn't slaming in to it or bouncing the back end off the gound. there is a difference in beating on the machine and making the machine WORK to do something.but i guess different people see that line in different spots.
just thought it was a neat video, back to what size is it ,i'm thinkin 966f seriesll yes no

komatsukid

Occupation
loader operator/plant forman
that loader is a 966F series 2. i operate the same machine. and i two belive he should be fired.

alco

:confused: You can't fire an operator that destroys a machine because of stupidity?

No, unfortunately you can't fire a long time union guy when you can't find enough union people to work and are signing people into the union just so they can work on the job.

Alco... it's good to see that you didn't blame the attachment manufacturer for 'not building it strong enough' :)

Hahahaha, no, I don't think you can blame the machine or attachments for being abused......funny though.

Brian

nedly05

I agree that there is a difference between beating a machine and making it work, but I think this guy is beating that loader. You can tell by the way he is ramming back and forth and steering when he has the rear wheels off the ground that he is frustrated, you are better to just walk away from something like that until you can get another machine or a bigger one to assist you.