• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loading On a Beavertail

tripper_174

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Trainer
Over the years I've seen several different methods of loading an excavator onto a low bed over the beavertail, boom first, boom last, boom over the side, etc, etc. Can you operators tell me the most acceptable way of loading?

lgammon

set your self up on it if you don't have ramps then spin and put the bucket out where if you have a problem you can stop your self and help push up on it. as some one that has fliped a 312 off the side of a tilt top trailor keep your bucket out and BE CAREFULL!!!

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Over the years I've seen several different methods of loading an excavator onto a low bed over the beavertail, boom first, boom last, boom over the side, etc, etc. Can you operators tell me the most acceptable way of loading?

When I used to put my 210 Case on a 8 foot lowboy It seemed like I had to do all of the above just to get it on the trailer.:rolleyes: