• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Locating hard to find/obsolete parts

STEVE RANKIN

1977 JD 550-C dozer serial# 281241T
Hi there everyone,
I was curious if anyone has or knows of a source for hard to find parts and or obsolete parts? We bought a 1977 JD dozer and are finding that some parts we cant get from JD. Some of the parts we are looking for don't necessarily need to be new, just better than what we are finding on our machine. I not sure if there is anyone out there selling used dozer parts but if there is I'd like to connect with you.
Thanks for reading, stay safe.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
I have someone near me, east coast, they dismantle smaller JD dozers and rebuild them as well as selling parts. Check craigslist perhaps. What kind of parts are you looking for?

STEVE RANKIN

Clutch pack drums for the forward and reverse clutches (non worn clutch parts in general) in a powershift trans. There are a few other parts that i can think of but they are to big to ship from the east coast to California.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Clutch pack drums for the forward and reverse clutches (non worn clutch parts in general) in a powershift trans. There are a few other parts that i can think of but they are to big to ship from the east coast to California.

Also check local Craigslist or more toward the PNW where there are a lot of old dozers.

Delmer

Check machinery trader parts search with the part numbers. Even google part numbers. I don't know about dozer powershifts, but JD put their basic powershift in lots of machines from tractors to log skidders and everything in between, mostly similar parts so it wouldn't surprise me if those parts are available rebuilt aftermarket, or even new aftermarket.