• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Logging Accidents: And They Walked Away.........

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
It is interesting to note, in the last two postings:
Both the snorkel and the truck, have outside equipment brought in the do the lifting. Nobody walked a shovel down to do the recovery. I think these are the first two in this thread where contractor lifting has been used.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
It is interesting to note, in the last two postings:
Both the snorkel and the truck, have outside equipment brought in the do the lifting. Nobody walked a shovel down to do the recovery. I think these are the first two in this thread where contractor lifting has been used.
Probably a couple of reasons for bringing contract cranes to recover wrecked and damaged equipment . Both these incidents happened along ways from where the Yarders and Loaders were located . By lifting the damaged items on the loader, the repair costs were less And recovering the wrecked Pacific logging Truck , further damage was reduced , by lifting it up on the road rather than dragging it up the hill side .

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Probably a couple of reasons for bringing contract cranes to recover wrecked and damaged equipment . Both these incidents happened along ways from where the Yarders and Loaders were located . By lifting the damaged items on the loader, the repair costs were less And recovering the wrecked Pacific logging Truck , further damage was reduced , by lifting it up on the road rather than dragging it up the hill side .
Your description is what I had assumed. More than anything I was observing the evolution of working in the woods.