• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking at Buying New 2022 , 1.7 tonne Excavator

Aussie Sapphire

Hello,
We have run 14 tonne and 28 tonne Excavators for years but need a baby 1.7 tonne for some jobs.
What 2022 models offer the best operation fetures to service and repair.
Currently we have on the short list:
Kobelco SK175SR-6
Cat 301.5
Wacker Neuson EZ17

Please share your thoughts from an operator and mechanical side.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have had the Kobelco (mine was in CASE colors) on rent for various jobs. I really liked it and was serious about buying one at one time. Power was good, stable, it did everything I asked of it. I have run the WN EZ17, I liked it as well, I just never had that much time on it.

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
They certainly have their place. I have one. It's a Hyundai. Quite happy with it. Hydraulic quick change, thrumb, stable and surprisingly smooth. Decent access under the hood for a little guy. One of the things I'd look at is the canopy system One of the reasons I purchased the machine is 6 bolts and the canopy is off. Comes in handy during height restriction jobs. Would also look at Takeuchi, Kubota and Yanmar, dealer support pending. One of the other things I liked about the machine is it has a "railing" in the front of the cab which serves as a foot rest for us taller folks.

hvy 1ton

I really like the Yanmar SV08 and VIO17 I rent whenever I have to get in somewhere stupid. I've walked both down a 3' sidewalk, but at 37" the VIO17 won't fit through a through a 3' post-to-post gate. Being in Australia, you'll have tons of room on 1m gates.