• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

looking at new loaders

dieselfuel007

we are looking at replacing our plant loader its a cat 996f series 2 its been an awesome loader very reliable but its got 32000hrs and its time to upgrade . we've also thought about getting a smaller loader like a 926m komatsu 270 to and getting them from the same dealer were currently looking at cat komatsu and volvo we currently run a komastsu 250-6 on the job and its a nice loader but the hydraulics seem slow and its had some issues just looking for anyone thats had time in any of the machines to give opinions or any problems experinced with these

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
ive had a lot of customers notice a big diference in power going from the 250-6 to the 270-7

dieselfuel007

don't get me wrong our 250 is a nice machine its plenty powerful its just really slow on the hydraulics and i hate the way the transmission stops you when you let off it

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
well it stops when you let off because its hydro-static not a transmisssion..
the hydraulics may just need to be tuned up.. ive seem some newer machines come from other dealers and check for the same issue and the work equipment is extremely slow due to things not adusted propely during the pdi and pm clinic

DoyleX

Occupation
Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
If you like your current pre emission cat why not do a certified rebuild? Same as new warranty for quite a bit less than new.

dieselfuel007

we've considered that but turnround time is an issue and our machine has quite abit of rust do they replace sheetmetal and cabs when they do the rebuild or are their different tiers of rebuild and you can go as far as you want

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
how do they give you a price or do they just start tearing into it and repair whats needed then bill for work done
No. The work to be done is set by the factory to qualify as a CCR and therefore the price is pretty much fixed - unless the customer wants to go adding all sorts of extras on to the machine that were not there in the first place that is.... then all bets are off. To get more information I that suggest you give your local dealer a call and enquire about it.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Nige ,so they bring every thing back to factory specs.Would they have to see machine to give price?

Paul C. Lorusso

Occupation
Sell sand, stone and construction equipment.
Hyundai makes a great tier 4 final wheel loader. If you are in the Northeast I would be happy to talk about with you.

catfixer

I've worked on a few certified rebuilds when I was at cat. The machine even gets a new serial number when you get it back. New seat, and headliner even. And if you are a persuasive individual, you can usually talk your way into a pretty cheap rental machine while yours is being built

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
How ls Hyundai about getting your parts? We ordered an oil cooler for a 210 trackhoe took six weeks ,mounted cooler ,hooking up bottom hose noticed bottom tube not welded all the way around . We took a photo ,sent to dealer . Dealer talked to Hyundai who said it was a warranty problem . Dealer said it wasn't used yet so it was a bad part . Five weeks later we got new cooler.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Our 966F was the last good Cat loader we had. They replaced it with a 972, and it has been an electronic nightmare. I was always a big Volvo fan, but even their new stuff is troublesome. I think If the 966 rebuild Is doable that would be the best bet. They spent 80 grand on our 980 G last year, and so far so good

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
A fellow on the ACMOC site just had his 2000 model year D6 with 25,000 hours go thru a certified rebuild at Zeigler Cat in Minnesota. It cost him about half of a new machine cost including some minor upgrades. They told him they can typically rebuild again at 50,000 hours, and again at 75,000. They will not rebuild after 75,000 hours. He has a thread there of the rebuild with pictures.

Edit: In his case he did a complete new undercarriage on it himself before they contracted the rebuild.

Paul C. Lorusso

Occupation
Sell sand, stone and construction equipment.
How ls Hyundai about getting your parts? We ordered an oil cooler for a 210 trackhoe took six weeks ,mounted cooler ,hooking up bottom hose noticed bottom tube not welded all the way around . We took a photo ,sent to dealer . Dealer talked to Hyundai who said it was a warranty problem . Dealer said it wasn't used yet so it was a bad part . Five weeks later we got new cooler.

We have great success with Hyundai parts. So much of it is just the manufacturer having the big parts that don't break often on the shelf in the USA. Hyundai has been pretty good about that. I would say they are equal to JD, Komatsu, Volvo basically everyone but Cat when it comes to parts availability.