• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for a Lowboy service

ecocrusher1

Hey Truckers,

My company is looking for someone that can move a Volvo EC 210B NLC. The overall width is only 8'4" (narrow tracked) and the weight is approx. 55,000lbs with the attachment that can be shipped attached. The run would be from the Pitts, PA area and go to Chicago, IL. We are looking to move it around the 12th or 13th. This run could lead to more depending on availability and price.

Please contact Chris or Larry at 609-268-3451. Thank you.

LowBoy

Occupation
Owner, Iron Mountain Iron & Equipment (Transport)
Hey Truckers,

My company is looking for someone that can move a Volvo EC 210B NLC. The overall width is only 8'4" (narrow tracked) and the weight is approx. 55,000lbs with the attachment that can be shipped attached. The run would be from the Pitts, PA area and go to Chicago, IL. We are looking to move it around the 12th or 13th. This run could lead to more depending on availability and price.

Please contact Chris or Larry at 609-268-3451. Thank you.

ecocrusher1, I PM'd you with our phone number. We'd be happy to give a quote on that move.

Thanx.
LowBoy.

JCoates

Occupation
Heavy Hauling
Move to Chicago

I'll be glad to Quote you on this move as well, i'll PM the info to you, i also tried to call a few times to talk to someone but never got through....

John

LowBoy

Occupation
I'll be glad to Quote you on this move as well, i'll PM the info to you, i also tried to call a few times to talk to someone but never got through....

John

JCoates...that was an older post from about a month ago...I spoke with the individual directly, and the move had been arranged.:drinkup

DBGoalie

Occupation
Network Admin
Does anyone know how much a move like that would cost? I would like to start gathering information on moving equipment, and am interested to know what that would cost and how you arrive at that price?

LowBoy

Occupation
Does anyone know how much a move like that would cost? I would like to start gathering information on moving equipment, and am interested to know what that would cost and how you arrive at that price?

Each move is a different scenario, DB. Dimensions, weights, permitting issues/cost, routing, distance, too many variables to list. I've moved things like a 235 Cat without the boom or stick for one rate, then when called to do another one from (and to,) the same locations, had to increase it several hundred dollars due to a completely ridiculously long wait at the receiving end in Newark, NJ at the piers. Unfortunately, someone has to pay for that lost time, and we all know time IS money.

No matter how much you try and plan for these unecessary delays, a savvy manager must figure these associated costs into the equasion. It's certainly not in the best interests or intentions of the carriers to have a crappy attitude with the receivers...and I can speak from experience that it's normally being dished out from their (the union labor workers, and OFFICE personnel at the piers,) end.

Not all equipment goes to or from ports or piers obviously, but the concept remains in effect no matter what the case. Every job has a different situation to consider.

Hope that helps. Not much solid info in terms of fixed costs I realize, just some cold, hard facts to bear in mind.