• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking For a New Compact Track Loader

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Just stating fact Cat knows the undercarraige is bad from ASV that is why they changed it. The guy asked for opinions. That is what I gave him.

Now I have to jump in. If Cat knew the undercarriage was bad, they would have killed it the moment they got the CTL out the door.

Opinions are usually prefaced with "I think" or "I believe," and to be fair, you expressed neither. You simply walked in, introduced yourself as a dealer, and then based the ASV undercarriage in one fell swoop.

equipmentguy

Only my opinion. CAT had partnership with ASV for 5 years. Cat supplied the engines ASV supplied the undercarriage. The partnership is over and CAT has now changed their system

Digdeep

Only my opinion. CAT had partnership with ASV for 5 years. Cat supplied the engines ASV supplied the undercarriage. The partnership is over and CAT has now changed their system
.....and extended their contract for ASV undercarriages until 2012 right after Terex bought ASV.

equipmentguy

To keep the line going on 247 and 257 and also parts. The only reason I said anything is because I have sold them in the past and it was very hard to keep customers happy with the machines. Maybe it is diffrent in Wisconsin. I can only speak of my experience. I hope most of the people don,t have the trouble I had with it. Sounds like yours is a good machine.

Dirty Digger

My understanding is that the new 279C, 289C and 299C models are exactly the same as the existing 277C, 287C and 297C models, except that they use a Cat undercarriage instead of an ASV design.

Cat are selling both ranges of tracked skid steer loader concurrently, and for good reason. If you are after a heavy duty, muck-shifting product, the new Cat undercarriage is the best option. If your need is for maximum operator comfort, the ASV tracks on the Cat skid steers are fantastic.

I recall last year having a go in a number of ASV-tracked skid steers. The suspension makes high speed use a pleasure and its ability to drive through thick mud is astounding. With the special smooth (green) tracks it worked very well on the fairway of a golf course, without leaving any ruts.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Website still shows 247BII through 297C. Did I miss the press release that they were dropping the larger MTL's?

Whilst it has been known that you would miss breakfast if somebody didn't call you...........you are quite correct in this case....errrr...cat.

Cat are selling both ranges of tracked skid steer loader concurrently, and for good reason. If you are after a heavy duty, muck-shifting product, the new Cat undercarriage is the best option. If your need is for maximum operator comfort, the ASV tracks on the Cat skid steers are fantastic.

Dirty Digger is on the money...more than some.

Digdeep

Website still shows 247BII through 297C. Did I miss the press release that they were dropping the larger MTL's?

Websites correct. 8 total CTLs- 5 models of MTL (ASVs undercarriage) and 3 models of metal rollers and miniexcavator tracks.

chewy007

Occupation
Construction PM
Whats up Guys, have been reading for awhile and finally decide to join, anyway I am ready to purchase a new CTL and cannot decide between a Tak tl250 or a Cat 299c.. has anyone had any experience with these two machines?? had a Tak for a couple of days and was very impressed with the power, will get the Cat this week to demo.. any info would be good..
Thanks

samson09

Whats up Guys, have been reading for awhile and finally decide to join, anyway I am ready to purchase a new CTL and cannot decide between a Tak tl250 or a Cat 299c.. has anyone had any experience with these two machines?? had a Tak for a couple of days and was very impressed with the power, will get the Cat this week to demo.. any info would be good..
Thanks

hey chewy-what did you choose? happy w/your decision?

Dr. W

Occupation
Pilot for major airline
The Tak is all business and the Cat has bells a whistles

I would only choice would be a CAT 289/299 or a Deere 332D.

I'm in Houston Texas and operators that have bought Tak have said, the service is terrible!

m630

i would not pay a dime for for an asv sorry. Takeuchi bobcat New Holland case not a big fan of case hand controls but i do run a bobcat so what do i know lol

harley970131

Machine

dieselnut, I think the other guys are on the right track with the Takeuchi. They are simple, durable, and the controls are very predictable compared to Cat. I am not a Case fan, never have been, although I think they build a very dependable machine. ASV's are nice all the way around. The only drawback I've found is wintertime use in extreme cold, the tracks like to freeze to the point where the machine won't move. Happy demoing!

Asv not bad but poor visabilty.kubota the window to open pain in the ass.takahuchi is harder to get parts local anywhere .