• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for a Processor!!!

tkfarms

Hey Everyone... I have about 150 acres of wood I would like to get knocked down.... mainly poplar with a bit of spruce. I have been looking at the John deere 2154d in the auctions that are upcoming. I have experience on my own Excavator so I dont think It would be that much more to learn how to operate one. Just wondering whats everyones opinion on them... things to look for... such and such! I figure I would just process all the timber and get a self loading log truck to haul to the mill. What is the diameter that these waratah heads can handle?

tkfarms

Still been looking at a few... going to look at a foresty company dispersal soon here... Looks like nice equipment. There are a few with around 12 to 14 thousand hours. I saw some with 20,000 hours still fetch a decent price.