• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for a stabilizer cylinder 580ck

'70580ck

I've resealed this cylinder twice and it still leaks past the gland seals in the raised position. It has some internal wear in the tube and piston. The gland nut is also somewhat rough in the seal area. Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone has a good replacement 580ck stabilizer cylinder available.

Thank you!

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
A hydraulic shop will put the rod on a lathe and polish it up & clean the cylinder up. Also check the rod for a bend in it.

Tinkerer

A gland seal usually leaks in both directions.
Have you considered that it may be a control valve problem ?
To determine if it is a valve problem, take the cylinder off and replace it with the other stabilizer cylinder and see if the it holds it in position with a load on it.

RES

The cylinder on my 580B was cracked when I got it. Conequip in Ny was the cheapest I found. Ups lady wasn't happy with me. She probably weighed less than it did.

'70580ck

Thank you for all of the great suggestions. I'll start with swapping sides.