• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking For A Wiring Diagram For a John Deere 310C

mekanik

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a 1991 John Deere 310C. A friend has the machine and the alternator quit charging and the wiring at the alternator has been butchered.
The tachometer quit at the same time as the alternator quit charging.
Thanks In Advance!

Terry

skibum0607

I'm also having charging issues with my 310c. anyone have any helpful information?
I had a charging issue on my 310c recently and it ended up just being corrosion on the positive battery terminal (where the wire connects to the terminal, not where the terminal connects to the battery stud). I checked the alternator voltage, checked all the wiring connections at the alternator, cleaned the terminal and battery stud and nothing seemed to solve the problem. Then as a last resort I decided to disconnect the positive battery wire from the terminal and saw that it was pretty corroded but I couldn't see it because of how the wire connects to the terminal. I cleaned it up and that solved the problem.

Delmer

What issues are you having? start with checking the voltage on the different terminals on the back of the alternator, with the key off, then key on and engine off, then key on and engine on. then look up the wiring diagram for that alternator make and see what is supposed to be getting voltage, compared to what is getting voltage.