• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for information on an old JD 2010 gas driven dozer

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
Well my freind finished the brockway laFrance fire truck and now started his next project.A very old John Deere 2010 crawler dozer,year unknown but has a few distinct characteristics.1, manual blade swivel and tilt is controled with wedge pins.2,Blade is no wider than tracks.Power plant is a 4cylinder gas engine.The raising of blade is two hydralic cylinders on the inside of tracks.This model is equiped with a winch with direct drive and a manual hydralic two way valve .No grill but hood is very round .Original color is the yellow .Oddly enough I have searched the net for a similar picture but nothing really close to it any help guys please pict would be nice ?

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
The one I have seen the hood is more rounder,control station is level with front of machine .Like the farm model. Tracks are about 6 inches taller and blade is just the width of tracks.No Hydralices except to raise and lower blade everything else is manual swivel ,tilt and drop one side lower. A very heavey for this little machine it was extremely heavey 4 ton trailer squated.I will have to get pictures of it today

Last edited:

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
The 2010 s are nice but they are only similar. The way the dozer connects to the 1010 is whats on the 2010.

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
I went to take picture of it yesterday well ,he took it apart all the way down to tracks .So taking pictures is a no go .He has started restoring it,

tobac

Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have owned several diesel JD2010 dozers over the years. They had a hydraulic angle and tilt blade. One had a backhoe attached as well. They had a hydraulic direction reverser with powershift. Great little machine. No petrol models came to Australia. There wa another blade that was available and it was mounted outside the tracks and was manually angled and tilted. Also owned a JD1010 loader. This uses a smaller engine but in fact I fitted a JD2010 motor as the mounting on the blocks are similar.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I went to take picture of it yesterday well ,he took it apart all the way down to tracks .So taking pictures is a no go .He has started restoring it,

As TSK415 has already told you,JDcrawlers.com is where your friend wants to become a member.I have an old 440JD ICD loader and if not for the founder there Lavoy and others I'd be lost.It is said that if Lavoy doesn't know your answer,you're in trouble.Besides tons of knowledge,he and others there have parts and/or will tell you where to get them.

ablebob

Occupation
Retired. Ex IBM technician.
I had an old 2010. The gas engine ran pretty good but the manual steering would take the arms off you in no time flat.
I still have a photo copy of the service book, about 50 pages if your friend is interested.
Bob