• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for pics/info of Route 19 constructiion in West Virginia circa mid-late 90's

kokosing

Occupation
assistant manager/operator for a lumber reload yar
Hey guys, first off let me say I am not sure if this is in the right section of the forums, so if it isn't please move it! Thanks!

What I am looking for is reconstruction pics and/or info of Route 19 through West Virginia. Back about 15-20 +/- years ago my family used to drive to Florida as our annual family vacation. I can recall that this project went on for quite a few years, I was a youngin' back then (8-13 years old to be exact). MY dad would always wake me to show me the massive machines being used and needless to say I was in awe. I can recall front shovels, large dumps (probably CAT 777's or larger?), blasting etc..

Does anyone have pics or info on this job? I would love to relive this, I just drove thru there yesterday and it's all just a memory now. Also, does anyone know who the GC was? They had to make quite a huge buck on this job.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Casepoclain

Occupation
Farming/ Realtor
I don't know who the GC was, but I too remember going thru there before during and after it was done. Much better after it was completed. We are in heavy earth moving in the Pittsburgh area, and I remember my grandfather commenting someone was killed when I think a D10 went over a rock face, that would have been 1995ish?

kokosing

Occupation
assistant manager/operator for a lumber reload yar
Pittsbugh area? My sister-in-law lives in Oakland. Are you on any jobs now? I just came back through the area Friday night, did see what looked like to be a Hitachi 1200 off I-79 right around Washington area. It was the only piece there.

anybody else...?