• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking to haul more gravel materials

Mother Deuce

I don't know what it is about those people but the ones in the white crown vics seem to get huffy at the smallest little things. I mean, they seem to treat a pebble in the windshield like a two man rock when they finally get you to pull over. I had one follow me in the dump truck I was driving all the way into a wash plant because the right rear mud flap fell off and he ran over it. Got real huffy when I asked him if he could let me know where the old mud flap was so I could reinstall it.
The guy with the unmarked maroon one mentioned above must have been his brother!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
MD, you would enjoy a Good Friend of mine!! He does NOT take kindly to tailgaters in his car or on his ride. Has a cup holder with a few assorted pennies in it, on the bike has a small cup he made on the bars, also has pennies in it. Asswipe gets on his tail, pennies go out thru moon roof or if on the ride over the shoulder. Has deterred a number of jerks from following so close.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
MD, you would enjoy a Good Friend of mine!! He does NOT take kindly to tailgaters in his car or on his ride. Has a cup holder with a few assorted pennies in it, on the bike has a small cup he made on the bars, also has pennies in it. Asswipe gets on his tail, pennies go out thru moon roof or if on the ride over the shoulder. Has deterred a number of jerks from following so close.
Glass marbles work miracles ;)

Kiwi-truckwit

Guy I know keeps a glovebox full of spark plugs for the same reason, apparently they work a treat

Stick-man

I used to own dump tractor/trailers for 18 years.(thank God that is over) Here in hellinois, we ran 22' trailers, 5 axles total. We were allowed 72,000lbs if you bought the SHV (Short Hauler Vehicle) permit. Otherwise we were limited to 67,500lbs, even though our registration said 73,280lbs. (Don't ask, it's hellinois!)

I ran mostly Hilbilt Mongoose trailers, 1/4 frame for paving asphalt and concrete.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
We cannot axle weight scale beyond similar here on the quad series dump truck I drive
Legal scale weight is 67-68,000.

Bridge law

gwhammy

Unless you are a logger then you can go by axle gross. I know one that typically runs 112 to 120,000 lbs all the time. How much do you think the politician got paid to get that one threw?