• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Low oil pressure alarm 966G

jett01

Hello , looking for any input or helpful information for this problem we have with our 966G . This loader just had a rebuild from Caterpillar shop - Toromont . Previously the machine went down and I do believe I posted about that on here as well . She was locked up pretty good . Anyways it had the same issue - a low oil pressure alarm and now after a rebuild we have the identical issue . The alarm would come on the off and it would do this frequently. Then it wouldn’t come back on for a month or more . Then when we ended up getting the largest snow storm on Good Friday and it was needed to plow the alarm came on - and it will not stop . Got it into the shop and changed oil , cut the filter open going to send in an oil sample … called Caterpillar they directed us to the oil pressure relief valve. I will post photo and more tomorrow. The one I post tonight is the one cat told us to check . My son also checked pressures . One pressure was at 30 on one of the ports the other pressure was over 100 . Anyways . We sleep on it tonite . I also seen a post on a 320L that made me think -hey I’m posting this on HEF
Thanks for anyone that wants to chime in ,
J

Attachments

• IMG_3711.jpeg
    IMG_3711.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3712.jpeg
    IMG_3712.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6