• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Machine totals

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Machine.... Caterpillar D9T.
Total miles (f+r).... around 8111 miles.
Total gallons of fuel consumed... 48,409 gallons.
MPG...... .17 or about 1/8 of a mile per gallon! :eek:

Would this qualify me in the fuel guzzler category?

:cool:

Attachments

• IMGP0137.JPG
    IMGP0137.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,395
  • IMGP0139.JPG
    IMGP0139.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,399

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
I like this one...

Lifetime Total Engine Revolutions: 310288960.....I wonder how far the counter goes up before it starts over. Before long they'll have to abbreviate it to "LTER" to make room for all the numbers. :D

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Can't help but notice that you spent more time in N than you did in either 1F or 2R. :cool2

That's really interesting though.

Does anybody have any sort of target figures for what sort of proportion those numbers should be in, or benchmark figures to compare to, to be sure the machine is being operated at its optimal productivity? (In other words, can they use that sort of information to make the case that an operator that's spent more time in 3F and 1R hasn't been pushing much dirt? Or haven't any of the number crunchers gotten that sophisticated yet?)

Countryboy

Occupation
Does anybody have any sort of target figures for what sort of proportion those numbers should be in, or benchmark figures to compare to, to be sure the machine is being operated at its optimal productivity? (In other words, can they use that sort of information to make the case that an operator that's spent more time in 3F and 1R hasn't been pushing much dirt? Or haven't any of the number crunchers gotten that sophisticated yet?)

We have something like that on all our production equipment. The shop supervisor can pull up just about anything he wants, on any piece of equipment, in real time, on his laptop, anywhere.

Story I'll never forget...

Due to the narrowness and steepness of our main pit ramp, 2 out of 7 gears were taken out of the haul trucks to keep everybody at a resonable speed. Turns out one of the guys was riding down the ramp in neutral so he could get back to the loader faster. BIG NO NO, as without the drivetrain engaged with the engine, you have very little cooling to the brake system.

The supervisor was in California at a corporate meeting and happened to check out some of the equipment late that evening. The pit supervisor got a call around 11:30 pm letting him know that when he, the shop supervisor, got back to Georgia, that driver was getting written up.

Big Brother hard at work.....but saving money as well.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
I suppose one could use these numbers to check productivity.
There would need to be a way to re-set the counter, if you will...
These machines are seldom on the same job for any length of time.
I have no idea where this machine was prior to the job I'm on now or who was running it. That's the nature of the rental business.
What I do see....way too much time in 3rd gear!
If I were paying the bills, there would be no 3rd gear.:my2c

RollOver Pete

Occupation
We have something like that on all our production equipment. The shop supervisor can pull up just about anything he wants, on any piece of equipment, in real time, on his laptop, anywhere.

Story I'll never forget...

Due to the narrowness and steepness of our main pit ramp, 2 out of 7 gears were taken out of the haul trucks to keep everybody at a resonable speed. Turns out one of the guys was riding down the ramp in neutral so he could get back to the loader faster. BIG NO NO, as without the drivetrain engaged with the engine, you have very little cooling to the brake system.

The supervisor was in California at a corporate meeting and happened to check out some of the equipment late that evening. The pit supervisor got a call around 11:30 pm letting him know that when he, the shop supervisor, got back to Georgia, that driver was getting written up.

Big Brother hard at work.....but saving money as well.

I think it's a great idea.
In this case, it may have kept someone from getting killed.
Bottom line is.... the owners of these machines are in business to make money safely and efficiently.
They need every tool available to them to ensure that no money or lives are wasted.
In construction equipment, I'm all for Big Brother.

Countryboy

Occupation
I think it's a great idea.

No doubt.

Wasting money effects the bottom line, which in turn affects my quarterly bonus.

I think the system we use is made by Cat...but I can't be sure without asking someone tomorrow.

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Wow, we are all being watched.

I wonder if it will count how many times the operator wondered if Deere was still better?!?!

DPete

Rollover, the fuel consumption says 10.6 gph under load. Is that a C18 and does it really get that low fuel consumption? It I had the machine total hours divided into the total gallons we'd get the average on that machine to date.

Last edited:

d4c24a

deere

Wow, we are all being watched.

I wonder if it will count how many times the operator wondered if Deere was still better?!?!

does deere make anything to compete with the d9t
i thought the larger models were liebherr badged deere
we dont have deere construction equipment in the uk only ag tractors:beatsme

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Deere builds the dozers from the 700 to the 1200 for Liebherr, and Liebherr builds Deere's crawler loaders and the 450-650 dozers.

But correct me if I'm wrong.

Deere is just wierd.

farm_boy

Deere builds the dozers from the 700 to the 1200 for Liebherr, and Liebherr builds Deere's crawler loaders and the 450-650 dozers.

But correct me if I'm wrong.

Deere is just wierd.

You are incorrect....so if you shall let me I will correct you:D

There is a strategic alliance with Liebherr to build certain products exclusively for the North American market for Deere.

950J and 1050J (D7RIII and D8T for those of you that only know Cat numbers) are built by Leibherr to be sold in North America exclusively as a John Deere product. In Europe these same machines are sold as the Liebherr 744 and 754.

605C, 655D and 755D crawler loaders are built by Leibherr with Deere engines to be sold in NA exclusively as a John Deere product. In Europe these same machine are sold with Liebherr engines as Liebherr 614, 624 & 634 respectively.

244J, 304J and 344J wheel loaders are built by Leibherr with Deere engines to be sold in NA exclusively as a John Deere product. In Europe these same machines are sold with Liebherr engines as Liebherr L506, L508 & L510 respectively.

These are the only products that Deere and Liebherr have a relationhip on. All other four wheel drive loaders and crawlers are designed and built in Deere factories in Iowa. This includes 450J - 850J crawlers and 444J - 844J loaders.

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Rollover, the fuel consumption says 10.6 gph under load. Is that a C18 and does it really get that low fuel consumption? It I had the machine total hours divided into the total gallons we'd get the average on that machine to date.

I was at an idle when I took the pic.
I'm running 10 hrs and burning from 160-180 gallons a day.
Keep in mind that I'm working in rock.
1st gear ONLY and full throttle occasionally, after I load the blade up.

farm_boy

Yup, they are weird.

I stand corrected, stumped, but corrected.

Yup weird....kinda like Daewoo/Doosan making Bobcat skid steers and partnering with :beatsmeDaedong:beatsme to make Bobcat branded compact tractors. :D

Truth be known it is a global market out there and just about every equipment manufacturer has some sort of strategic partnership in order to make it financially possible to bring a product to market that otherwise would prove to be economically unfeasible. Yes even Caterpillar has these types of arrangements.....including SMC or Shin Mitsubishi Caterpillar??:bouncegri

jimmyjack

some more totals for yea, this ones the newer D10T (around 2000hrs)
last ones the dozer under full load:naughty gotta love how thirsty that v12 is

Attachments

• new_IMG_0338d10.jpg
    new_IMG_0338d10.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 609
  • new_IMG_0340d10.jpg
    new_IMG_0340d10.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 618
  • new_IMG_0339d10.jpg
    new_IMG_0339d10.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 580

jimmyjack

this ones the D8T. btw the machines idling when i took the pic, so i don't know why it says 0gph it works when its at any thing other than idle:beatsme

Attachments

• new_IMG_0351d8.jpg
    new_IMG_0351d8.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 581
  • new_IMG_0352d8.jpg
    new_IMG_0352d8.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 578

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
SMC or Shin Mitsubishi Caterpillar??:bouncegri

SCM for Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi.

and

D7RIII and D8T for those of you that only know Cat numbers

D7R2. Not a series 3 machine... i.e. not meeting emissions...

All you people saying that electronics aren't the way to go, isn't this fun! :) In all seriousness -- even with the limited number of replies on the subject so far, we've (you've, anyhow; I shouldn't be taking credit since I haven't said anything conducive to the discussion) already begun to analyze how we can make the operators more productive. So here, anyhow, in this limited-scope item being discussed is a way that electronics could make the owner's and operator's alike bottom lines better.

Last edited:

RollOver Pete

Occupation
You are right 77W....and I know that.
I'm just ....kinda resisting change....
Change for the better.
Just as long as it doesn't change too much.

Hmmmmm....... just had another thought......:confused:

I wonder how long before these new machines will come out standard with a 24V robo-operator?

farm_boy

SCM for Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi.

Thanks for the correction....I just can't help putting the word "Caterpillar" last :lmao

D7R2. Not a series 3 machine... i.e. not meeting emissions...

My bad....I mis-read the model number on the web site. It is hard to keep Cat dozers straight now. You have G's, RII's, K's, N's & T's. Especially the D6. You can't just say "I need a D6" anymore!!

Last edited by a moderator: