• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mack Titan support

jaclo

We have a job coming up that's going to require us to upgrade a couple of our trucks. I'm looking at a Titan at a pretty reasonable price due to a couple factors; leaf spring suspension and the fact that the line has been discontinued.

1. Have any of you guys ever jumped in on a discontinued model? IE the Cat trucks? What has your experience been so far with your dealers?

2. The truck will see some off highway duties followed by 2x4 hour highway round trips per day. Likely some side/belly dump duties after the upcoming job. We currently have a couple old macks that aren't my favorite when it comes to going down the highway - both leaf spring suspensions, would it be bearable with these newer trucks and the air ride cabs/better seats etc?

It is a DEF truck. I would consider having a local shop yank that **** off of there if it gave enough trouble.

Any input on the titans or leaf springs on newer trucks greatly appreciated.