• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Main conveyor belt stopping

ttomkat

On my Terex jaw crusher for some reason rocks are getting behind the belt underneath the jaw and it makes the belt stop. I don’t know why this is happening but some how rocks Tate getting wedged in between the belt and from and hard enough where it’s making the belt stop

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Well, the simplest thing to look at is leakage around the skirting. Are the skirts touching the belt. What about the wiper at the tail pulley? It should be keeping material from spilling back as well. Then , up towards the head pulley you should have a belt wiper within a couple feet of the head pulley and a back wiper on top of the return to wipe the inside clean. Other than that you have to inspect your impact bed for damage. Ideally, the side skirts do 95% of the job.

Proman

These points may be helpful to you:

(i)Check the blockages.
-Material spillage, dirt, corrosion, and other debris can stop the belt from moving.

(ii)Check the tension.
-For conveyor belts to function correctly, the tension must be balanced. Too much or too little tension can cause the belt to slip.

(iii)Check the Misalignment.
-Check for misalignment of the conveyor belts. Misalignment can also result from conveyor idler frames that are broken, twisted, or absent.