• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Major Problems Ctl 322 Help!

John M

Just Bought A Brand New Ctl322 From John Deere And First Three Hours It Derailed Then After They Put It Back On Track The Motor Took Off Like A Runaway Train 5000 Rpms I Shut It Off Smoke Came Out Off The Engine Compartment Oil Cap Blew Off. I Told John Deere I Dont Want This Machine Theyre Fighting Me On This They Want To Fix It. I Say There Is Gonna Be Damage To Crank Bearings That Might Not Show Up Untill After Warrany Expires. Any Thoughts On The Matter.

Wulf

Did you or the dealer find out what caused the overspeed?

If its turbocharged I would be concerned about the damage that may have been caused to the turbo, same goes for the top end, rockers and valves etc.

If this is a brand new unit with only 3 hrs I would think the manufacturer would want that engine back for analysis.

John M

Ctl 322 Problem

The Dealer Just Picked Up The Unit No Word Yet As To What Happened. I Do Know That I Just Payed $60000 And This Is What I Got.i Really Need To Getout There And Get Making Some Money With Whatever I Pay For. They Gave Me A Demo And Had Not One Problem With It . No Derailing No Over Reving Up And Down 2 To 1 Slopes.i Spent Almost $300000 With This Dealer And I Think They Should Get Me Another One. They Seem To Try To Get Out Of Every Problem That May Cost Them Some Money. I Had A Defective Extendahoe On My Backhoe And They Said They Would Pay For Half Untill I Went Out In There Yard And Showed Them The Same Defect On A Brand New Machine. Called The Dealer Rep And They Changed Thier Mind.i Just Want A Brand New Machine . This Could Be The Mother Of All Lemons.

skata

sounds like you need to switch dealers if possible.
i definetly would not keep that machine.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I would ask for a new machine as well . The next best option is at least an extended powertrain warranty to 5000 hours or to however long you plan on keeping it.

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
Turbocharger oil seal? if it leaks oil into the intake side, you will run away. I am not familure with this machine, it has a computer? if so it will show the runaway, it records all out of normal range values. I would relax till you hear back from the dealer.

John M

Ct322 Problem

:BangheadTHANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INSIGHT. ESPECIALLY THE ADVICE TO RELAX .THIS REALLY HAS ME IN AN UPROAR. :Banghead

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
:BangheadTHANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INSIGHT. ESPECIALLY THE ADVICE TO RELAX .THIS REALLY HAS ME IN AN UPROAR. :Banghead

Please refrain from posting in all caps. Some consider it shouting and it also makes it more difficult to read what you've typed.

jazak

I would tell them to buy it back at full price and go looking for a new dealer. After problems like that on only a 3hr machine & problems with them before I would stop doing business with them.

Cat or Case would be my next option, unless you're dead set on JD. But this dealer is obviously trying to screw you to save a couple dollars.

GOINGBROKE

Occupation
Diesel shop owner - truck, farm and heavy equipmen
With out a doubt you should recieve a different machine. If the start is that bad it makes you wonder how the rest of the time will be. At the very least I agree that you should be given an extended wty. Although my experience with oem warranty is very poor. I vote for new machine.

catken

Run Deere Run

I would turn that Deere lose and let it run wild in the woods. Sometime those problems can never be tamed.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
If the dealer you are working with isn't helping you call JD directly! Also you might try getting the BBB involved on this and they might help somehow! Also like everyone else has said they should give you a new machine!

John M

ct322 drama continued

Hi folks Thanx again for you help! deere finally said they would get me a new machine. they didnt want to at first. I called my dealer rep and asked the dealer where pre delivery inspection was done and they told me they didnt do it . it was done in some other dealership. alot can happen between here and there. just the same there gonna take care of it.the demo machine they gave me for a couple of weeks was great .alot of power .great on the slopes .time will tell if they make a good compact track loader. sorry about the caps moderater . I dig better than I type so caps just seem easier. :notworthy

ZX850

Dealership Support

John,

I think that it is great that Deere came up with a replacement machine for you. I was going to suggest that you at least have the dealership replace the engine....not sure about the track issue. Nevertheless, realize that with Deere warranty the dealership only has diagnostic time and travel time that they pay for when it comes to fixing a machine that fails while under baisic warranty. I also find it interesting that they didn't pre-deliver the machine before it came to you.....that is shocking......also that the machine came from another dealership (same owner or different competing dealership?). If this local dealership is not performing pre-delivery or support of machines to Deere standards Deere should be made aware at the corporate level.