• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Manuals, info on 1977 GMC C65. Detroit Deisel 8.2

uglytruk

Occupation
Janitor, but wife and I own the buildings
I just bought a 1977 Chevy C65 bucket truck. I won it on www.ebaymotors.com, type in item # 2489068405 for a look. had it shipped from San Francisco to upstate New York for $2000. It was pretty accurately described, except for some rust through. Unfortunately, it was damaged in transit, I'll have to take it up with the shipper. Any leads on shop manuals? It was a PG&E 2 man aerial lift manufactured by Utility Body Co of Oakland Ca. It was converted from a 427 gas to Detroit Diesel 8.2 in 1989. Title says 16080lbs, Scale says 24700 :ban Andrew

uglytruk

Occupation
More info. from the reman. tag; model 4087 7300CAL, serial 08GR 104154. The vavle covers look like big block Ford, with scallops along the bottom. Thanks:confused:

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
The manufacturers of each should have had manuals available, this is where I'd start. Due to the age of the truck, they may no longer have them available, but there are companies that specialize in old manuals. I'd suggest a Google search if the manufacturers can't help you.

Chilton's should have something for the truck chassis, but they usually aren't as detailed as the manufactuer manual.

uglytruk

Occupation
Ebay has no organization at all, just "car and truck manuals". 2001 mixed with 1946, etc. I checked several pages, and emailed a few vendors, no luck. Can you tell me a bit about the 8.2?:notworthy