• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Truck Shop

About a $6,000 tractor, frame could be saved with AG400 installed. But that old Cat is one expensive
engine to repair. Probably has a early gear box too. So jack the radiator cap and drive a new truck
under it.

Truck Shop

I'm hoping something turns up private sale, I'm in no hurry. Somewhere someone has what I can use with a squashed cab sitting behind the shop.
A friend has something like that, it was rolled. He bought it for the dump box and cylinder.
1998 T800-N14, had a 10 speed-broke the bell when it rolled, was spec'd as a dump. I'll
have to look at it again because I think the rails are damaged. Cab and hood are junk.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
IIRC there was consideration to be able to steer differently much as a Motor Grader. MODOT website USED to have descriptors for old photos, that was removed on last few years.

Pony

Maybe it's just cause I've never seen one before, but I just googled it and I reckon the one above actually looks better then the quad lights.

Oxbow

Last edited: