• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

petepilot

Thanks PP. You and Pops drove allot miles, know what I'm saying, not that others don't necessarily.
Below is a prefect restoration, hearing someone say how great it would look lowered with a drop
visor, double hump fenders was sickening. It's a piece of transportation history. Maybe after awhile
I will feel different and start posting on here again.
that would make me want to stuff a dirty week old sock in his mouth :mad:

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
I have a friend that went to the ATHS show in Reno and did enjoy it the amount of rat rods and drop visors is not his thing, sounds like he is done with the shows since the Yakima show he has been to them all.

Old Doug

If a old car,pickup or truck has been striped out missing a lot of parts that are impossable to find or it has rusted away to almost nothing its not so bad if someone wants to build it into something it wasnt.

renovator

My friend Mike was at the Brooks show and seen this Oshkosh. My thought is a power company was hauling to a remote location.

I did not expect to see this Oshkosh hauling those poles, certainly some thing different.
PNM, the electric utility in New Mexico, had several of those. I've seen one hauling poles, another with a cherry picker, and another hauling a massive trailer-mounted cherry picker. They've long since been removed from active service.

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
My thoughts on Hayes was the frame shop looks like small truck builder, where as KW would have a much better larger shop and Hayes in late 30's and 40's would build 3 or 4 trucks a month.