• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mercedes 1922 /45 ...trying to find engine specs

joispoi

Hi all. I'm trying to find information on the v6 diesel engine that would be in a 1990 (1991?) Mercedes Benz 1922 truck. It's a 220 hp N.A. motor. The dealer told me that it's a 16 liter engine but I think he's mistaken. I've tried google and there just isn't much information on this model. Can anyone confirm or deny the 16 liter displacement spec?

MitchSA

Have you got the engine code? Eg: OM 422 etc. I'll have a look if you can get the code.

Ok, bit of googling. It should have a OM441 A, if it is this motor then its a 11L.

Hope that helps, I might have some torque settings etc in my toolbox if you need them. Many years since I worked on these.

Last edited:

joispoi

Thanks Mitch. I'll double check the engine code when I pick the truck up, hopefully later in the week. The model on the chassis tag is listed as 1922 /45. I entered the chassis number into WIS, and it showed two engine options: 421.905 and 481.902 (WIS also shows the truck as a 1922 K) 19 it the tonnage, 22 is for 220 hp, I haven't figured out the significance of "K". I haven't found a reference that tells me which OM number corresponds with the listings in WIS.

I appreciate the offer on the torque settings. I may have some questions for you at some point. Aside from a little oil around the valve covers, the truck is pretty clean- not counting the condition of the cab:rolleyes:. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't have to bother you too much for information. :D