• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MF 50 hx runs but won’t move now

Jamie V

Hey.
My 1990ish Massey Ferguson Elite 50hx stopped working one afternoon while I was operating the tractor. Turned out I needed a new fuel pump. I replaced it and the tractor started running again. The bucket and backhoe both work. When I went to put it in gear, it didn’t move. Neither forward or reverse. I opened up the box where the throttle and ignition switch are located and found mice nests and wires chewed up (Most of the electrical stuff in the tractor never worked since buying it, but forward/reverse always worked). I cleaned some of the box up and I’m still having no luck with moving the tractor. I do not really know much about electronics or engines. I’m trying to learn a bit about fixing my tractor. It could be as simple as a fuse for all I know. I checked the fuses to the right side of the steering box. They all look fine. I tried engaging and disengaging the red override button located on the back side of the throttle and ignition box with no luck too. If anyone has any suggestions please help! Thanks.

-Jamie