• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

michgan 85 mid to lat 60s

divedigger

Does anyone have any spec info on this 85 Michgan wheel loader? weight, width,highth and what engine was in them? Thanks for your time! Divedigger

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
Need a little more info. Is this a straight frame or articulated machine, S/N? 85, 85III 85 Articulated?

divedigger

85 michgan

Need a little more info. Is this a straight frame or articulated machine, S/N? 85, 85III 85 Articulated?

This is the loader that is on GovDeals in Knox Tn It looks to be articulated and they list as a 1968 yr model. That is all I know unles I get to go look at it. It has Big Daddy in decals o the sides of the loader frame. but I do not know if this is factory or add-on. Thanks for your time Divedigger

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
If it is articulated the choice of engines are Detroit 6V-53, Cummins V-785 C. some were made with Leyland engine, Most likely GM or Cummins
S/N 4128A- had Clark 2420 Transmission, which was a 2 speed power shift with a mechanical High and low range. S/N 401A, B GM engine with Clark 28420 Transmission which was a 4 speed power shift. S/N 426A version had Cummins engine with the 28420 Transmissin. I haven't been able to find weight yet, I'm guessing that it's in the 15,000 Lb. range. I'll try to find a weight chart and get back to you. The 75A weighed in at 12,750 lbs. the 125 A weighed in at 18,500 Lbs. the 85 ariticulated was in between those 2 machines. Height of 125A 7 Ft 2" without cab, width 7 Ft 91/2", length with bucket on the ground 18 Ft 2". 75A height 6Ft 8" without cab. width 6 Ft 10 1/2" Length16 Ft 10".

Last edited: