• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Michigan crane with Two cylinder engine

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
When I saw it I had to mention it here. I will get pictures of it .But wow this little machine was about the late 30's with a small two cylinder engine its in rough shape But I will make a point to get them this week.But if anyone has good pictures of what its suppose to look like please post so I will have something to compare it with.Its a crawler crane with a lattice boom of maybe 40 ft.

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
Michigan crane pictures

Here are some of the pictures I promised. This little machine appears to have a small 2 cylinder GM diesel in it year of machine is unknown.

Attachments

• IM000520.jpg
    IM000520.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,376
  • IM000521.jpg
    IM000521.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2,226
  • IM000519.jpg
    IM000519.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 2,187
  • IM000523.jpg
    IM000523.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 2,205
  • IM000525.jpg
    IM000525.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,225

alleyoop

Occupation
I am the house forman but dont tell her that
That engine would be a 2 71 gm good little engines.

clueless

Only listing I have (in 2000+ oil filter catalogs) verifies the DD 2-71 for the C16, but gives no years of prod.
A 1965 clutch catalog shows the DD 2-71 also used in some 1948-50 T2, T4 and T6K models, but I can't say if that's the approx dates for the C16.

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
I went looking online and I found a c-16 in the UK group owner is in Austraila ,diggers and dumpers if anyone in here is a member of the UK group any help would be great to ID the actual year.

Last edited:

TSK415

http://www.hcea.net/ They had one that looked alot like the one you have it was a T6D it was a truck mounted, I have some pictures of it some where. Are the cranes yours?

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
No I was actually looking for firetruck parts when I stumbled accross these baby size cranes.

TSK415

I thought I had better Pictures :( HCEA ask for Tom Berry he might be able to help you out

Attachments

• IMG_1645.JPG
    IMG_1645.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,870
  • IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 3,450
  • IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,956
  • IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,876

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
No actually I was searching for firetruck parts and stumbled upon it. Thought it would make a good piece to show in here . The owner is either going to restore it or sell it. It is located in Southport Florida. As for the yellow one that another posted I wouldn't mind that one for a project.

Linkbelt HC

Occupation
Instructing Mobile Crane Apprentices
Pictures

Thanks for the pictures! I think the "truck mount" crane would be fantastic to bring onto a job site one morning just to see some "pushes" faces. :D

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
The guy had it on a barge setting pilings until the barge rotted out from under it. A month back .So it was working up until it was taken off the barge,it runs and operates.The drive is rusted out.

1310monster

The guy had it on a barge setting pilings until the barge rotted out from under it. A month back .So it was working up until it was taken off the barge,it runs and operates.The drive is rusted out.

Next time you see him, ask him what he'd take for it. It might make a parts machine for another one like it. However, I've never seen another one like that. Without a lot of stuff, that one would be hard to put back into presentable shape. I like it because of the engine.

brucemar

Another Michigan Crane that might interest you.

I was on the internet searching for information about a michigan crane that we have in our yard. My dad hasn't used it in years and I was going to list it for sale. The engine was running when he parked it and he is available on the telephone if you wish to contact him directly. After seeing that you guys restore old units like the one we have, I thought I would give you first dibs. I have never joined a forum before and I am not sure how to post the photos. It is -12 degrees celcius outside today, but, if you need a photo of a specific area of this crane I will happily get it for you if it means that we might find this baby a new home.

Burner

Truklodyte hi I'm burner from Chicago I'm interested in Michigan c16 I found one and interested the one you found

If you can tell me where it's located I'd like talk to owner to see if its for sale
Thank You Bill Bonnetts

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
I havent seen it in a while ,it was in South port Fl off McKenzie rd.You can earth google it. Thats All I know about it.
Truklodyte hi I'm burner from Chicago I'm interested in Michigan c16 I found one and interested the one you found

If you can tell me where it's located I'd like talk to owner to see if its for sale
Thank You Bill Bonnetts