• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Miller xmt 350 auto line

dabsfabs

Dose anyone on here use the auto line capacity of there set.

As my main bread and butter contract may be changing and work load might tail off allow me to work at other places, set normally run on 415 and would be running on 240 from time to time. What the set run like when changing between voltages.

lantraxco

I had an XMT at one time, ran it on 240 single phase, 208, 277, 480 three phase, the voltage changes weren't noticeable, it did run a little different on single phase, not better or worse, just different. Not exactly sure of the differences in power supply between here and there, other than we have 60 cycle.
The duty cycle as I recall does derate on single phase, but we never pushed ours anywhere near it's capacity, except I seem to recall we ran a carbon arc on it from time to time which it took in stride.

Dualie

all the time, our main work is structural steel, if we cant run the vantage 500's we run the XMT 350's on everything from 208 single phase to 480V 3 phase. On the low 208 single phase they can get a little taxed running big FCAW wires. I don't remember having to change much of the output settings to compensate as long as there was good 3 phase power. The inverters are alot less sensitive to variations in input voltage.

They also run super sweet off of the vantage 500's giving you two arc's off one portable welder. doubling production.