• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

sandymann

Hey,

I have a 1.5t mini digger, and having trouble with the dozer blade.
The mini digger cant lift itself with using only the blade. If i lift the excavator with the arm and then lower the dozer blade, it stay still.
Since i now are repairing and changing parts, i want to fix this aswell.

I have changed the seals in the swivel joint, since the belt motors was weak under load/resistance. Belt motors are now working fine, but dozer blade having the same issue.
Then i sent the dozer blade cylinder to get new seals and o-rings. They pressure tested it before and after, and before it had a minor leak between the chambers. After the seal change it was pressure-tight.

Still won't lift itself.
So i wonder if small diggers cant lift itself with the dozer blade? The diameter on the cylinder is the same as all other cylinders.

Any other tips what can be the problem? What to check next etc.?

In advance, sorry for my english, its not my native language.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
If the cylinder supprts the machine when raised useing the equipment suggests that from main control valve to cylinder is as it should be, the obviouse casue is low pressure, "T" into the line and see what you have when you try to raise the machine, measuring pressure is always a good start point. Not sure if thte circuit spool is cable operated if it is check that the spool is full shifting.
Kind regards
Uffex

sandymann

Good day
If the cylinder supprts the machine when raised useing the equipment suggests that from main control valve to cylinder is as it should be, the obviouse casue is low pressure, "T" into the line and see what you have when you try to raise the machine, measuring pressure is always a good start point. Not sure if thte circuit spool is cable operated if it is check that the spool is full shifting.
Kind regards
Uffex

Thanks for helping, yes low pressure must be the problem. I gonna measure the pressure. Dont think its cable operated.