• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

mini excavator blade accessories and other attachements

BigEv

Hi,

As posted in a separate thread I am buying Deere 60g and I'm looking at different options to make it as versatile as possible since it'll be my only machine on work sites. I'm going to be doing small scale residential land clearing for new constructions. I'll deal with the trees right then and there with a portable sawmill, log splitter and chipper instead of hauling it off.

I will be welding a hitch receiver to the blade on the mini to tow my commercial chipper, splitter and sawmill trailers. I've seen a few vids on youtube of people doing that successfully. I'll also look into getting a Blade Buddy or homemade equivalent.
Are there any other accessories that you think of that might be interesting to have?

I'm still looking at different option for stump removal... probably just dig em out and dig a big hole for them or haul them off to get started. I like the idea of stumpex/dipperfox types.. this way I have a level ground to work on and leave the hauling job to the building contractor with larger excavators...anyhoo.. rambling away lol

Any input and suggestions welcomed!

Occupation
Maintenance Director at a small school district
For stump removal I built a single tooth ripper with a sharpened edge. Slice through the earth near the tree on two sides, move 90* and slice the other two sides, then pluck the stump out. It works for trees up to about ten inches pretty quickly, but larger stumps take more time. Less mess than a grinder anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_5434.jpeg
    IMG_5434.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 67382896966__C92B08F1-9802-4762-A8EA-5D689E9B2880.jpeg
    67382896966__C92B08F1-9802-4762-A8EA-5D689E9B2880.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 21