• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Morbark track chipper undercarriage

NYlogger

We have a Morbark model 20 chipper that has a 225 CAT undercarriage. The right track has little power. It feels like the hydraulic motor is giving it power but it is fighting it. I have an idea that it is the brake hanging up. Im pretty sure that it takes power to release the brake. I was wondering if there was a way to totally release the brake to determine if thats the issue or not. I have not taken anything apart yet as I am just trying to gather how everything works before I tear anything apart. Also is there anyway for me to get my hands of a parts manual for that undercarriage? Dave.

Lee-online

Are you sure its a 225? If it is then it will have a bent axis motor, a pretty big motor sticking out the back of the final. It has a brake pack between it and the final. It uses hydraulic pressure to release the brakes that comes from a brake valve.

300 series cats have a smaller straight motor with internal brakes.

If you can find any cat part numbers on the motor or parts I can see what system you have.

Taking a picture will really help.

NYlogger

I am pretty sure it is a 225. It has the large motor with the brake pack. I found some numbers on the outside of the final drive. They were 3v8906 and mdwudu. Ill try to get a pic. Thanks