• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

More B&W pics

malcolm

Hi IPNT65
The guy 2nd from right is Brian Rowlands with me 1st on the right
a great time to be working for IH ,Heaps going on Mangere airport
Matahina dam Forest Products plus Forest service taking heaps of
IH gear . I cant believe its all gone now when I drive past Penrose
site and see only glass towered office blocks , but I guess time waits
for no one cheers Malcolm

lpnt65

Occupation
Retired
Hi Malcolm.
Thanks for that info, Yes it was a great period of time. I am coming to Nz next week look forward to having Drive around.
Auckland My wife was there recently says She will have to drive because I will get lost Trying to get any where, I havent been there for about 10years
Do McConnellDowel still operate in NZ,? I first worked for Malcolm McConnel when he was engineer for Drydens Then later on when he was witrh Jim Dowell. we did a few projects thru out country. We were all Young Fella;s those days lpnt65

lpnt65

Occupation
Retired
thanks Malcolm,
That was great and looks as tho there are a lot Mcconnel dowelll u tubes Once again i appreciate That as I did Quite a few jobs for them much of it in Rock aroun Auckland Thanks Again Lpnt65

Drus

Occupation
writer
Hi Malcolm,
I'm writing a book on Hugh Dryden's Dad, Jim. Any chance I could give you a call, or meet up with you to ask you about him?
Andrew (09)3097636

Drus

Occupation
writer
G'day. I'm writing a book on Jim Dryden - any chance you could share your memories of him?
drusdrus (at) gmail.com is my email address if you'd consider it.
-Andrew

Drus

Occupation
writer
g'day - I'm writing a book about Jim Dryden. if you have any yarns about him or Hughie, can you email me on drusdrus (at) gmail.com ?
cheers, Andrew

cat3208

:iagree I have operated totally open cabbed Iron- I didn't like it!:my2c Those were the true operating engineer! Just my opinions from experiences...