• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

more pics of equipment stuck!

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
D11R without 4 wheel drive......:rolleyes: :D

D11Rburied2.jpg

JD 8960 and pan

JD Stuck.jpg

Another stuck JD and pan

JD stuck (3).jpg

alco

Nice pics CB. It looks like they did some digging on that D11 already.:thumbsup

If they don't dig it out, they would never pull it out...trust me. We needed a 375 hoe, D375 dozer, a D7R and two 589 sidebooms to get a D7R out once. They don't just pop out of this goop.

Hopefully they got that D11 out before it froze up too hard!!

Actually, it's a whole lot easier to get them out once they're frozen. No more suction to deal with.

Brian

surfer-joe

Why all the fans on top? Does the goo left over from the oil recovery smell that bad, or are they heaters for those cold northern nights?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Actually, it's a whole lot easier to get them out once they're frozen. No more suction to deal with.Brian

Hey Brian - when the ground freezes around the machine how careful do you have to be when you "unstuck it" - not break any of the components? Just curious.

alco

Why all the fans on top? Does the goo left over from the oil recovery smell that bad, or are they heaters for those cold northern nights?

The fans are part of the cooling system. They move the radiators and coolers to the roof to keep them out of the mud and sludge. A normally placed radiator plugs up solid in about one hour or less.

Hey Brian - when the ground freezes around the machine how careful do you have to be when you "unstuck it" - not break any of the components? Just curious.

We just dig, I guess you wouldn't want to hit the machine too hard, but there isn't any extra concern put into it. If it's going to break, it's going to break. Odds are after that it's going to spend time in the shop anyhow, there is already a bunch of broken stuff if it got dumped that bad. Don't get me wrong, we don't try to cause damage to get them out. But we don't put extra care into the recovery because it's frozen than we would if it was warm out. For what we doing, they are pretty robust and resist damage fairly well.

Brian

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Well haven't done this in a long while but on Thursday, of course just had to take one more load of sand, and got stuck crossing a flooded part of the sand pit.
Trbo

Attachments

• Volvo Stuck.jpg
    Volvo Stuck.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 10,479
  • Volvo stuck2.jpg
    Volvo stuck2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 10,452

90plow

Cool pics. The feeling when your helplessly stuck is not a good one. Off topic but why do they use the JD machines with pull pans instead of the the regular scrapers?
-Eric

Loaderman380

Occupation
Operator for an underground utility company
Here are a couple of pics. from the site I'm working on. This was just plain old operator error.

Attachments

• 09-20-05_1239.jpg
    09-20-05_1239.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 10,035
  • 09-20-05_1714.jpg
    09-20-05_1714.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 9,988

Loaderman380

Occupation
Operator for an underground utility company
Here are a couple more, same machine a few days later. Machine is a Komatsu PC-400. The operator was working on the begining of a large retention pond when the rim ditch gave way. He decided to walk down to the bottom of the pond to fix the rim ditch because he could not reach it from the top.

Attachments

• 09-20-05_2059-1.jpg
    09-20-05_2059-1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 9,996
  • 09-23-05_1227-1.jpg
    09-23-05_1227-1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 10,027