• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mosquitoes !

Autocar

Big as baby ground hogs :eek: I would jump out of the skidder and they were all over me. Wasn't bad once I started the saw but when I refilled the gas and oil tanks on the saw it was like cutting a bee tree ! :) But life is still good

Born2clearcut

Mosquitoes ! with beek's the size of marlins spikes:eek: Well me beeing the smart one in the crew ,i went up to the landing grabbed a soft hammer and bent them all over ..:cool:

Autocar

I would give about anything right now to see a mosquitoe, Ive had enough snow and winter weather

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
I was in a camp at Bronson creek a few years ago and used their 235 to rebuild the road to the fishing hole. It was very humid and lots of alders and just FULL of mosquitoes! I thought they wouldn't bother me in the cab. Boy was I wrong! They had a feast! They also had an old P&H 670 crane growing out of the 20 foot alder trees there. I asked if I could see if I could get it working and they said sure! Took the chainsaw to cut the alders and same thing as you said Autocar, as soon as that saw was shut off there they were eager to help! Here's a few pictures of the fun!

Attachments

• HPIM1989 (Small).JPG
    HPIM1989 (Small).JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 359
  • HPIM2022 (Small).JPG
    HPIM2022 (Small).JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 348
  • HPIM2018 (Small).JPG
    HPIM2018 (Small).JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 348
  • HPIM2075 (Small).jpg
    HPIM2075 (Small).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 345
  • HPIM2073b (Small).JPG
    HPIM2073b (Small).JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
I had to re-read your text a couple times spitzair. I could have swore it said a few WEEKS ago, not a a few years ago!
That global warming thing must really be doing its job up north of the border!

spitzair

I had to re-read your text a couple times spitzair. I could have swore it said a few WEEKS ago, not a a few years ago!
That global warming thing must really be doing its job up north of the border!

Global warming? What's that? It's been -25ish here where I am right now for over a week... Them pictures are indeed a few years old, and were taken in the summer... I just went back and re-read it too! LOL

spitzair

I did get it running, problem was the little hydraulic lines that run all over the inside of the machine had leaves and such on them that made them corrode and it kept popping lines. I robbed some hoses off the old retractable undercarriage which had long since been disabled but it kept popping them until I ran out of lines... Too bad, would've been neat to try it out. It had a log book in it and it was last used in 1991 I think if memory serves. When the ol' 6-71 came to life the first time the mosquitoes didn't stick around very long...

On edit here's a link to pictures I posted about it 2 years ago...

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?13136-P-amp-h-670

Sad to see the old girl sit there and rot, it was a really nice crane, well taken care of too! Maybe one day somebody can save it...

Last edited: