• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mouse Prevention?

CatToy

I take beer cans and fill them full of moth balls and put a few of them in locations that rats like to get. Usually one in the motor area and in any wiring bundles. Seems to work.

Deliacorpny

Occupation
Owner/operator excavation business
Anybody have any proven ways to keep mice out of equipment that will be sitting through the winter? Other than a CAT!

Dryer sheets, the boxed ones you put in the wash ! They hate the smell! Anytime I have a machine on job or long term sitting i load it up with dryer sheets! Haven't had one since

bmckenzie

Occupation
self employed
A rep for a company pushing these little bags of mice away gave me a pack to try. They are strong smelling mint and other stuff, any way I tried it in the battery compartment of my excavator and the next day I checked and the mouse had eaten through the bag !!

check

A rep for a company pushing these little bags of mice away gave me a pack to try. They are strong smelling mint and other stuff, any way I tried it in the battery compartment of my excavator and the next day I checked and the mouse had eaten through the bag !!
Get some peppermint oil and put a dab on a cotton ball. I've used this under the hood of a snowmobile 2 winters and didn't have any mice.