• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Moving a non running 943

divedigger

I have a 943 (19ZO1128) that i need to put in the shop that is non running.It is a 1989 yr model. How do you go about pulling the axle or gears in the final drive so it can pull with another machine. Thanks divedigger

divedigger

Thanks for the quick response Nige but ive got to get someone to show me how to download on a ipad. Ive looked in the book but it just shows pumping up the brakes on the older models. I was told on this later model it was best to pull the center out of final drive housing and it would freewheel.

Tyler d4c

It depends if your machine has an on-board brake release pump or not.
Start from the bottom of Page 10 of the attachment. Both procedures are covered.
I don't believe any of the 19z machines had the release system. Most likely have to pull the axles

divedigger

Im not seeing any release systems on the 2 i have so how do you pull the axle. Nige sent some paperwork but i dont know how to download it. So how do you pull the axles, just take cover off of final drive and remove bolts ?

Tyler d4c

Remove the little round plat on the final drive and the axle is behind there and pulls out be super careful the machine will free wheel and run away from you