• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mustang 2054 starter issues...

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
Vintage Restos & occasional Tractors
Has anyone experienced problems with the yanmar starters in these skid steers? Have replaced 2 so far that have stuck and burned the windings. Maybe an upgrade or different starter recommendation? At $600 a pop, this is getting ridiculous. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
Vintage Restos & occasional Tractors
Have you ever looked on Ebay? Probably not real great starters but you could replace 5-6 of them for the price of one if you find one that fits. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...0.H0.TRS1&_nkw=yanmar+diesel+starter&_sacat=0
Did think about that, but think we figured out why this was happening. The machine was being started wide open all
The time because they were in a hurry to load the mixer. Starter can't handle that I would think and that's why it stuck? The drive gear was laying there when I pulled the starter. No other wiring burned, just the starter. They know better, but that's ok. Fixed the problem with a micro switch at the throttle so the thing won't start unless it's at idle. Hoping that cured the problem.