• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MV3 Valve leaking

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
2005 Peterbilt 378

MV3 valve leaks out of exhaust port when tractor brakes are set. Intermittently leaks when tractor brakes are released, but stops if I hit the foot brake.

Changed the MV3 valve, no change. What else should I look for?

Last edited:

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
I also took off the delivery lines for tractor and trailer and there is slight air pressure coming out of the delivery ports.

Truck Shop

I also took off the delivery lines for tractor and trailer and there is slight air pressure coming out of the delivery ports.
If there is pressure at the delivery ports of either the MV3 valve or the Foot Valve--you need
to trace those lines back--because your getting back feed from a anti-compounding QR1C
valve or something along those lines. Hell even a brake can leaking internally can cause
a back feed pressure to delivery.

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
The air is coming out of the delivery ports on the valve itself. So the only lines hooked up are the 2 supply lines. Do I trace those back? Are they both supposed to have constant supply?

Truck Shop

With supply lines in correct positions on the MV3--and delivery lines removed-there should be
no leaks through delivery ports--bad MV3.

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
Put a bendix valve in it and so far works great. The last 2 we had in it were automann brands.

Truck Shop

Put a bendix valve in it and so far works great. The last 2 we had in it were automann brands.
I'm not fan of off brand air valves--I either use genuine Sealco or Bendix-just for the
same issue you had. You don't want to replace a set of dash valves twice in a
Freightliner Classic cab-it's not a good day.