• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

my 259D needs a jumpstart and hydraulics not working

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
implement lockout switch voltage above normal.
Hoping it’s just the switch
What number is the Diagnostic Code.?

If you have an electrical schematic look on it for the location of the bypass harness that is used if the machine has to be operated with the door removed. If you can find that and plug it in it takes the door switch out of the equation.

TorontoGuy

stefuel

Well just curious. He said he had to jump start it. If it's not charging, how many volts are required for the electronics to operate reliably?

Nige

Well just curious. He said he had to jump start it. If it's not charging, how many volts are required for the electronics to operate reliably?
But then everything electronic would likely be on the fritz, not just one switch. That machine is a mass of electronics that control pretty well every function.

Agree with your comment that the OP should check battery voltage when the machine is running to make sure it’s charging correctly.

Nige

Hold up, you don't have a door so it can't be the door switch which is also referred to as the implement lock switch.

490-03 is the lockout switch on the panel for the implement system. See the attached procedure.

Attachments

• MID039 CID0490 FMI03.pdf
    118.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

TorontoGuy

Hold up, you don't have a door so it can't be the door switch which is also referred to as the implement lock switch.

490-03 is the lockout switch on the panel for the implement system. See the attached procedure.
Thanks the wiring was loose and rectified the issue. God Bless

TorontoGuy

OK, so to clarify the switches.
The door proximity switch (which you don't have) is called the "Implement Lockout Switch".
The one on the panel is called the "Operator Implement Lockout Switch".

Confused yet.?

View attachment 306395

View attachment 306396
believe or not I figured it out yesterday after some research and realized the door and door less switches were different and apparently the wiring as well..

Thanks again..

Nige

believe or not I figured it out yesterday after some research and realized the door and door less switches were different and apparently the wiring as well..
No they aren't.
The Operator Implement Lockout Switch on the panel in the cab is standard for everything.

Simply put the door-less versions of the machine have a jumper harness installed at the location where the harness serving the wipers/washers and the proximity switch would normally be connected.

On your schematic it's CONN 17. The machine harness (left side of the illustration) on a machine with a door is connected to harness A-C3, without a door there is no harness A-C3, instead a jumper CH-C18 is connected to the RH side of CONN 17. Jumping Pins 2 & 4 gives a signal to the Machine ECM that the non-existent door is in the "closed" position, thus energizing the implement hydraulics.

If you want to look for CONN 17 on your machine you will find it at floor level behind the operator seat and slightly towards the LH side of the cab.

1708888856146.png
1708889046018.png

Last edited:

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
It was unusually cold yesterday and realized that was the reason why it couldn't start. It's fine now..

Glad you got it running! I don't know what your version of cold is, but I have a 289D, which I believe is the same basic engine as your machine. Mine will start without any trouble down to sub zero temperatures. You may still have an issue waiting in the wings.

TorontoGuy

No they aren't.
The Operator Implement Lockout Switch on the panel in the cab is standard for everything.

Simply put the door-less versions of the machine have a jumper harness installed at the location where the harness serving the wipers/washers and the proximity switch would normally be connected.

On your schematic it's CONN 17. The machine harness (left side of the illustration) on a machine with a door is connected to harness A-C3, without a door there is no harness A-C3, instead a jumper CH-C18 is connected to the RH side of CONN 17. Jumping Pins 2 & 4 gives a signal to the Machine ECM that the non-existent door is in the "closed" position, thus energizing the implement hydraulics.

If you want to look for CONN 17 on your machine you will find it at floor level behind the operator seat and slightly towards the LH side of the cab.

View attachment 306399
View attachment 306400
Thanks for clarifying that.. I learnt so much in the last 24 hours..